Monday 16 November 2009

On finishing Rand's Anthem

I've just finished reading Anthem and confirmed what I thought when I started it. I'm afraid can't feel the same way as Ayn Rand when it comes to terms like "we" and "I".

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that we must have grown up in very different contexts. She experienced a smothering "We". I suffered alienating "I"s.
Unlike when I started the book, however, I now think that perhaps we may share some ideas but we may be coming at them from opposite directions. I'll have to explore her works a lot more and let my thoughts set in before I can add any further comments, though.

2 comments:

Lahsen Ahmam said...

Hi Beatriz,
When I read all your thoughts or maybe some of them, I start getting in touch with your interests and concerns. let me say that I am proud of you. Your hard work and commitment will make of you a great personality. keep it up!
Lahsen

Beatriz Lupiano said...

Thank you so much Lahsen! It means a lot to me to hear that from you. Thanks
Beatriz